Your future, so sodexo
Environmental Services / Custodial Operations Manager 2
Job category: Environmental Services / Custodial
Job ID: 62716
Sodexo, North America's leading provider of contract management services is seeking a ROSI Environmental Services (Housekeeping) Manager 2 to support Orange County & Los Angeles County tops hospitals! This a temporary position-assignment. This position will work day and evening shifts and requires the flexibility to cover other time frames/shifts as needed. This position also has rotating shifts for weekend coverage. Ideal candidate will have previous experience in large custodial / housekeeping account, have an understanding of regulatory guidelines and maintain flexibility in work hours and be able to train / mentor/ motivate hourly staff in a union environment. Seeking Bilingual candidates, the ability to communicate in Spanish would be helpful in managing this workforce.
The “Hands-On” manager primarily handles day-to-day Environmental Services operational functions and ensures unit level, corporate, employee relations, safety, training, and unit operating systems compliance. Manager is responsible for customer and client interaction, custodial inspection measurements, on-going training, quality, safety, pest control and the implementation of best practices. It will also be responsible for infection control compliance, improved services, and timeliness of responses and validation of work quality. Manage and coordinate floor care team and project work.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- is a leader who develops and motivates a team to exceed the expectations of clients and customers in service and the technical execution of a health care housekeeping system;
- has in-depth knowledge of ES systems and processes including TRAKKAR, UOS, Gold Check, ENGAGE and black light inspections;
- possesses strong leadership skills and has the ability to work independently to drive program compliance and reach project target dates of completion;
- has 3-4 years previous custodial or housekeeping management experience in a hospital or healthcare environment;
- has the ability to analyze data, present and effectively communicate to all levels within the organization related to training, leading hospital committees and change management;
- has experience effectively managing projects within agreed upon timelines;
- has experience improving patient satisfaction, and driving full compliance to HCAHPS, local, state and Joint Commission standards;
- is proficient with computers and other technology;
- has experience with vendor and contract management, as well as union and contract negotiations;
- has strong financial acumen and budget management experience
Required: Good working knowledge of state & federal employment law; solid computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; good communication and presentation skills; detailed oriented, and well organized.
Sodexo offers a competitive salary, paid training and a comprehensive benefits package including 3 of weeks of vacation. Sodexo will require a background check which verifies education, criminal, and past employment and may require a drug screen for this position. Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years of work experience in Housekeeping, Environmental or Custodial Services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.