Your future, so sodexo
Unit Marketing Specialist
Job category: Marketing
Job ID: 64826
Are you a creative person with excellent verbal and written communication skills who enjoys training? Do you have the marketing skills to be able to provide fresh perspectives and new ideas to an already successful campus food service program?
Sodexo is seeking a Unit Marketing Specialist for Grand Canyon University - in Phoenix, AZ. GCU is one of the fastest growing universities in the country and Sodexo's contract is all Retail with over 25 retail venues on campus. The Unit Marketing Specialist will be working with the General Manager, Retail, Catering managers along with the Chef to better the experiences of our customers and clients.
What’s in it for you? Working for Sodexo as the Unit Marketing Specialist at Grand Canyon University will provide you with the opportunity to contribute your skills to a company that supports hundreds of college campuses and thousands upon thousands of college students across the country, offers clear career paths and room for growth and advancement, professional resources and training.
This is a great opportunity for a recent marketing graduate with some field experience who also has the ability to train along with possessing stellar verbal and written communication skills. The ideal candidate has a formal degree/ trade school certificate and food marketing experience in a campus environment.
Is this opportunity right for you? If your answer to the following questions is "yes" then please consider applying:
- Training: Can you successfully train hourly dining staff employees in the area of customer service?
- Sales/Marketing: Can you help to increase the sales volume of our Food Retail sales through marketing efforts? Do you have the ability to successfully execute Sodexo marketing programs and plans as well as the "chops" to create campus-specific "in-house" marketing programs?
- Student Engagement: Can you engage with and integrate into the student body in order to obtain honest and constructive feedback and suggestions?
- Partnerships: Can you partner with our family of vendors and the community in order to help create special event opportunities for Sodexo?
- Social Media: Are you a social media "guru" who can increase Sodexo's social media footprint via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn?
We are looking for candidates who can:
- Train hourly staff in the area of customer service
- Identify internal/external customer needs and expectations
- Ensure that Sodexo and customer goals are aligned and met
- Educate and develop rapport with internal/external customers with a special emphasis on building a partnership with our client and our client's marketing team
- Maintain marketing information on intranet, company, and/or client websites
- Create monthly marketing calendars and host events to engage student and employee participation
- Coordinate all unit marketing initiatives to drive sales growth and track results
The Unit Marketing Specialist will work a typical shift of Monday through Friday, but flexibility will be needed to work occasional weekends. #LI
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years of experience in marketing, project management or related field(s)
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.