Your future, so sodexo
Controller - Multi Location / Multi Account
Job category: Finance
Job ID: 67811
Sodexo Universities is seeking a Multi-Unit Controller for Grand Canyon University located in PHOENIX, AZ.
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE!
This position will require a flexible, systems savvy candidate with stellar communication skills and the ability and willingness to quickly identify issues and arrive at a solution. Multi-unit, high volume, financial reporting & accounting experience is essential.
The Multi-Unit Controller will have responsibility in:
- Reviews financial data for accuracy prior to week-end, period-end, and year-end financial close
- Responsible for all transactions for weekly, monthly, and annual close ensuring contract compliance
- Manages all accounting and financial matters for all cost centers
- Account reconciliations, accounts payable, billing, budget, reporting, inventory, transfers, etc.
- Performs trend analysis to assist decision making
- Analyzes year over year spending variances to assist with the budgeting process
- Builds strong relationships with all levels of the organization to ensure operational effectiveness
- Gather supporting backup for monthly client billings, generate client billings based on contractual requirements, provides support in resolving client billing issues, and manages and collects receivables
- Interpret and analyze financial information, attention to detail, as well as excellent organizational skills
- Minimum 5 years experience as Controller in similar high volume, multi-unit environment
- Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills -- reconciling accounting and financial statements
- Excellent computer skills with ability to prepare, analyze, and interpret accounting data and provide concise executive summaries using excel that translates technical financial information for non-technical audiences
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate throughout the finance organization
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in finance, accounting or related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.