Your future, so sodexo
Executive Chef 2
Job category: Culinary
Job ID: 67731
Sodexo is looking for a Executive Chef 1 to oversee our culinary team at South Campus Dining of Northern Arizona University. NAU is a large public university with 30 food locations and catering, located in Flagstaff, AZ - 2 hours from Phoenix and 4 hours from Las Vegas. South Dining is one of two All You Care To Eat (AYCE) dining halls on campus. South is known for it's personalized service and outstanding hourly staff. It is an operation that includes the AYCE operation as well as a small retail food court area that includes platforms including Subway, Qdoba Mexican cuisine, Einstein's Coffee and Bagels. South Dining typically does about 1,500 transaction per day in Resident Dining and 1,000 transactions per day in retail. South is our primary summer conference venue from June- August when school starts for the fall semester.
This is a highly visual and intensive client position. Catering and special events are produced and run through this unit. This position requires a knowledge of inventory systems, labor and scheduling controlls, production skills, menu development, health & safety standardes, employee engagement, conflict resolution, on-going training and mentoring skills, hiring and staff retention abilities, and the ability to plan and excute a high quality culinary program to meet and exceed client and company expectations.
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
For NAU - We are looking for candidates who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees;
- have a passion for food and innovation;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens; and
- knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) is preferred.
For NAU - The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background – with 3 – 5 years high volume food production (from Campus, large Corporate, large banquet settings) , with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- Strong Customer focused service approach – ability to engage with students, faculty and clients – become part of the campus culture.
- previous experience working in a high volume facility; and
- strong management skills.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now to join the Sodexo Team at Northern Arizona University!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. See more Culinary jobs here.
There is RELOCATION assistance for this position. #LI
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.