Your future, so sodexo
Retail Operations Manager
Job category: Food Service
Job ID: 72280
Sodexo currently has an opportunity for a Retail Operations Manager to join our food services team at Baptist Health located in Little Rock, AR. With 800 patient beds, Baptist Hospital is the flagship hospital of the Health System. This unit offers 'At Your Request' Room Service, a large retail operation that generates several million in sales annually and high volume/high end catering. Will be responsible for main cafeteria as well as 5 additional retail outlets throughout the facility.
The Retail Manager 2 will drive retail standards and customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate will be an experienced food service leader who demonstrates an excellent customer focus and exceptional process and systems skills. This position will assist in the continued planning and execution of Sodexo programs and systems into this high volume retail area. We are seeking a high energetic manager to guide staff, respond to customer needs and strive toward serving quality meals in a clean fresh environment. This position will assist with the front of the house operations in the full service cafeteria, direct the catering program, and be the lead manager with the unit cash handling system. This position will also assist with implementing menus, special events, and insures a stellar food experience to our guests and staff.
Additional Job Responsibilities Include:
- Continue to innovate the retail offerings at this account to follow health and wellness oriented food and culinary trends.
- Provide the customer with a consistent quality experience.
- Maintain cash control and payroll records, as well as inventory, and purchasing.
- Monitor and report on the unit retail budget annually, as well as all other reporting including labor and sales reporting for this high volume retail location.
- Management, team-building and scheduling employees.
- Ensure high quality customer satisfaction.
- Ensure compliance to food safety, sanitation and overall workplace safety standards.
- Drive sales, revenue, customer and client satisfaction.
- Responsible for food quality & customer service in an operation that may have branded concepts or other retail offerings
- Directs the work of hourly and supervisory food service workers, as well as other managers
- Ensures there is a zero harm mindset for ourselves, our customers, our food & employees
- Directs daily operations of food quality & customer service in a retail food operation that may include branded concepts ensuring that employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources.
- Manages cash handling protocols & control procedures according to Sodexo policies.
- Maintains client satisfaction for food quality & customer service.
- Accountable for the execution of service quality by maintaining the highest level of delivery.
- Supervises day-to-day work activities of food service workers, supervisors & managers - 30 staff members.
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
The Operations Manager will report to the General Manager with responsibilities to oversee the day to day operations for the cafe, cafeteria, doctor's dining room, catering and more.
Are you the experienced food service manager we’re seeking?
We are looking for candidates who will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- deliver high quality food service;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- develop strategic plans;
- create a positive environment; and
- ensure Sodexo Standards are met.
The ideal candidate:
- has a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- has culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- has the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and
- can demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems (FMS) and Market Connections (MSC), and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance … every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. See more Food Service Management jobs here.
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years of experience in retail operations
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.