Your future, so sodexo
Unit Marketing Specialist
Job category: Marketing
Job ID: 70104
Do you have experience leading a marketing team? Do you excel at developing and implementing effective marketing plans? Are you creative?
Have great public relations and written skills?
Then Sodexo may have the ideal opportunity for you! Sodexo Universities Dining is seeking a Unit Marketing Specialist join the team that manages the food service marketing program at The University of Alabama Birmingham located in Birmingham, Alabama.
The University of Alabama at Birmingham-UAB is an internationally renowned research university and academic medical center known for its innovative and interdisciplinary approach to education. A showcase University account that offers high volume retail, resident dining, concessions, catering, conferences and camps.
This position supports the on-campus dining by leading the team which creates, customizes, implements and presents marketing sale plans, strategies/programs and public relation functions in order to promote our dining program and drive sales. This person will have a high level of customer contact and must be comfortable assuming a leadership position during promotional events and presenting/speaking to students, parents, faculty and staff. This position requires strong presentation and written skills, and overall communication skills.
The Unit Marketing Specialist will be responsible for sales initiatives and public relation/press releases. Ideal candidate will be outgoing, flexible, and have excellent organizational skills, with strong attention to detail and effective interpersonal skills. The Unit Marketing Specialist will have knowledge of social networking channels and experience as a writer for collateral, websites, Twitter, Facebook, and other similar community sites. The preferred candidate has 1-3 years of food marketing experience.
Duties will include:
- Leads and manages all unit marketing initiatives to drive sales growth;
- Manages a team of 2 Student Marketing Interns;
- Leads all written communications throughout all channels;
- Acts as main contact for client, customer, vendor, and all business partners;
- Leads unit specific strategic business plan/marketing plans and its implementation, communication and evaluation;
- Maintains and tracks research, customer feedback and satisfaction and reviews statistics and trends with appropriate personnel;
- Gather, track, analyze and report on results of marketing initiatives;
- Identifies needs and implements recommendations for increasing sales;
- Identify and clarify intern/external customer needs and expectations, taking actions to ensure that Sodexo and customer goals are aligned and met;
- Prepare plans for projects or major assignments (i.e., Tasks, Resources and Time Frames);
- Creates and distributes monthly marketing calendar;
- Represent marketing team in marketing meetings, conference calls, and training;
- Targets product compliance as it relates to marketing efforts such as printing, graphics and advertisings.
Must have demonstrated the ability to use computer and web-based systems (i.e., SDX PC based tools, Microsoft Applications, Web Based Applications, and Social Media Platforms) to input, access, modify, or output information to execute programs or analysis.
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.