Your future, so sodexo
Senior Director, Business Development
Job category: Sales
Job ID: 66805
**This position is with Nana Management Services**
NANA Management Services (NMS), in partnership with Sodexo, has a career opportunity for a Business Development Director in Anchorage, Alaska.
Built on a culture of safety and integrity, NMS delivers award-winning, integrated support services to a variety of clients in food service, facilities management, camp services, security and hotel management in Alaska and the Contiguous U.S. We are proud to serve our original oilfield clients, and our clients from federal, state and local governments, corporate facilities, health care institutions, schools and universities, manufacturing centers, and the telecommunications industry.
Exceptional people with enthusiasm and innovative spirits allow NMS to consistently exceed the expectations of our customers, improving the quality of daily life at every business we serve. NMS is a joint venture between NANA Development Corporation and Sodexo USA.
Reporting to the Vice President of Food and Facilities Management, the Senior Director of Business Development is responsible for Business Development by implementing business plans to support, grow and retain business in Alaska and the Continental US. This position will provide oversight and direction to the Business Development Department on a variety of activities including proposal development, sales, client relations and account management.
- Oversight of sales operations, growth, and retention for all company divisions.
- Hires, manages, directs and trains sales and business development team.
- Identify potential customers using a variety of formal and informal sources.
- Develop and manage a process to facilitate sales of NMS Services within Sodexo operations
- Develop and implement short and long range sales strategies and achieving targeted new sales goals by orchestrating the sales process including prospect identification, execution, proposal development, proposal delivery and contract negotiation.
- Develop and implement business plan, budget and forecast to attain financial goals.
- Monitor and review implementation of strategic plans to ensure goals and objectives have been met.
- Promote a customer/client-centered culture that strives to exceed customer and client needs, requirement and expectations.
- Develop growth and pricing strategies within assigned market.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients to develop additional sales opportunities.
- Build and develop relationships within Alaska Native Corporation communities, as well as, Tribal communities within the contiguous US.
- Lead and manage sales and business development efforts in Tribal to Tribal business vertical.
- Recommend a course of action to key decision-makers based on an analysis of the customer’s objectives, needs, and issues.
- Work with other company Directors and Vice Presidents to identify and qualify horizontal sales opportunities and strategies.
- Conduct regular business reviews with customers in order to steward relationship, re-affirm strategies linked to needs, and effectively support the business.
- Use primary and secondary marketing research techniques to gather and analyze competitive data and information.
- Lead marketing strategy recommendations that improve sales and profitability, utilizing information from market research, sales, vendors, and units.
- Ensure compliance of proposals with all financial, human resources, and legal protocols.
- Communicate the Company’s mission, core beliefs, values, policies, procedures, and programs to employees.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or commensurate experience required.
- Ten (10) years demonstrated business development or industry related sales experience required,
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience managing an operations or business development or sales staff required.
- Previous experience with Sodexo in either sales or business development role required
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record for the past three (3) years to be eligible under NMS’ vehicle insurance policy.
- Must be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to travel up to 50 to 75% of the time.
- Working knowledge of contracts management.
- Experience researching, analyzing and uncovering client objectives and relevant information.
- Ability to analyze and understand sales financial data.
- Self-motivated, with a strong work ethic and personal drive to meet and exceed objectives.
- Advanced communication skills in order to interpret highly complex information. Communications are generally with middle and senior management both internally and externally.
- Strong time management skills including the ability to manage multiple processes and tasks simultaneously.
- The ability to develop and deliver formal presentations to others that may include management, peers, team members and others outside of the organization.
- Must have a strong understanding of the Alaska Native Culture and Tribal Organizations and the ability to communicate and build relationships with diverse populations.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional, trusting, positive working relationships with clients, colleagues, consultants, and vendors.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Incumbents are regularly required to stand, sit, talk, and hear. They are occasionally required to walk, use hands, and reach with hands and arms. They must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include color vision, and depth perception. The noise level is usually moderate. Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time by any means possible.
The above is not intended to list all possible essential functions or requirements as they are subject to change. The employer reserves the right to revise or change this description. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. All employees are expected to work varying hours of compensated overtime to accomplish varying duties. To perform job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the above essential duties to meet the physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to meet these conditions.
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Exempt/Salaried
APPLICANTS MUST PASS A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST, A POST OFFER PHYSICAL ASSESSMENT AND A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
NANA Shareholder Preference
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree
Basic Management Experience – 7 years
Basic Functional Experience - 7 years sales or industry-related work experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.