Your future, so sodexo
Job category: Marketing
Job ID: 76814
Built on a culture of safety and integrity, NMS delivers award-winning, integrated support services to a variety of clients in food service, facilities management, camp services, security and hotel management in Alaska and the continental U.S. We are proud to serve not only our original oilfield clients, but also clients from federal, state and local governments, corporate facilities, healthcare institutions, schools and universities, manufacturing centers, and the transportation and telecommunications industry. Our clients have peace of mind knowing we are committed to delivering best-in-class service, and we bring creativity, technology and experience to every project. Our mission is to provide management and support services at a level of quality, value, safety and expertise beyond our clients’ expectations. At NMS, we expect our employees to fulfill that mission in every aspect of their work.
This Healthcare Marketing Manager position manages marketing and merchandising activities for Healthcare business units in the Food & Facilities Management Division of NMS. The position reports directly to the Director of Operations. This position is located in Anchorage, Alaska.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsibilities include market analysis, growth strategy, strategic positioning of marketing initiatives, client retention and competitor analysis.
- Responsible for food merchandising standards, training and auditing the business unit for maintaining those standards.
- Significant travel is required. Visiting units quarterly outside of Anchorage. Travel can be from 1 day to 1 week.
- Will assist in new contract startup and may require extensive travel.
- Develops training programs to educate field on marketing tools and build skills.
- Meets with clients to present retail strategy in conjunction with market research findings.
- Develops marketing plans and strategies for the Healthcare food service units with a focus on the business segments that has a retail outlet/cafeteria.
- Develops a marketing and promotional budget with the General Managers
- Rolls out marketing programs and assists with proposals/presentations on an ongoing basis.
- Develops promotion and marketing strategies to improve sales, market share, analyzes data on the company's existing and potential markets.
- Plans, coordinates training of national programs, marketing initiatives, strategic marketing plan for territory as well as template for individual units.
- Resource to units and new accounts marketing initiatives such as surveys, merchandising, national programs, and pricing.
- Works with the Division Vice President and Director of Operations to develop strategy, action plan and programs for assigned division market segments to meet senior management goals.
- Establishes, monitors and measures advertising and promotion programs for each assigned unit.
- Remains aware of current market trends and competitive offerings for division and business unit accounts.
- Creates marketing collateral for specific business unit promotions and events.
- Helps to coordinate special business unit events.
- Organizes and conducts periodic customer satisfaction surveys at the business units.
- May assist with writing, formatting and production of proposals for the division in alignment with company established guidelines and procedures
- Supports use of promotional customer programs for each business unit.
- Develops, implements, and administers various types of business unit promotions.
- Maintains awareness of competitive market positions and programs to provide input to the division/business unit managers.
- Supports NMS brand identity.
- Ensures all assigned activities comply with sound business practices and all internal and external requirements.
- Ensures alignment of division materials with NMS corporate logos, promotional themes and collateral.
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
- Other duties that are pertinent to the department or unit’s success also may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college.
- Substitution for degree will be considered for those with additional marketing experience and work history on a year for year basis.
- At least five (5) years of marketing experience preferred, which includes the development of market plans, promotions, collateral development new business proposal writing and budget development.
- Merchandising experience preferred.
- Skilled knowledge of basic computers and Microsoft business software programs, with proficiency in MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel.
- Knowledge of Adobe design programs preferred but not required.
- Adherence to a professional dress code required.
- The ability to work beyond standard work day to include evenings and weekends (both Saturday and Sunday.) Must be able to travel and stay overnight, occasionally for multiple days away from the assigned work location.
- This position may be located at a business unit.
- A valid Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record for the past three (3) years to be eligible under NMS’ vehicle insurance policy
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Weather: Indoors: environmentally controlled; requires most or all work to be done inside.
Noise level: Moderate
Description of environment: This is an office environment located in an industrial kitchen in a healthcare setting.
Physical requirements: Employee is required to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift.
Travel: Employee may travel up to 30% to various locations within the U.S. and/or remote locations and may be required to use alternative modes of transportation, including but not limited to snow machines, boats, small airplanes and ATVs. Travel is coordinated by NMS.
NMS Core Values
Safety guides our behavior.
Honesty and integrity govern our activities.
Commitments made will be fulfilled.
All individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
The environment will be protected and sustained.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
NMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran protected status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NANA grants employment preference to shareholders of NANA and their spouses and descendants to the extent allowed by law.
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via email. In order to appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you please specify the assistance needed in order to access our jobsite and post for a position. The dedicated email and telephonic options are listed below and are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance.
To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-800-478-2000
To request an accommodation by email, contact us at email@example.com
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years of experience in project management or related experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.