Your future, so sodexo
Human Resource Staffing Manager
Job category: Human Resources
Job ID: 64661
Ft Meade, US-MD-FORT GEORGE G MEADE
Do you enjoy recruiting great talent? Are you a talented recruiter who can hunt, mine and source for exceptional employees? Sodexo, North America's leading provider of contract management services, is seeking a Staffing Manager to support our food service team at a highly secure location. The account is the National Security Agency (NSA) in Fort Meade, MD.
This Recruiter will interview prospective employees for our frontline service employee positions which include cooks, food service supervisors, cashiers, dishwashers, etc. Additionally, the Recruiter will refer applicants for job openings, administer pre-employment tests, check references, conduct exit interviews, create employment advertising and create and execute sourcing plans to reduce turnover.
As the Staffing Manager, you will be responsible for networking locally to source new frontline food service staff, creating relationships with community groups and local schools, and participating in career fairs and networking events for recruiting. Once employees are hired, you will facilitate the onboarding orientation and development training for the frontline staff as well as assist with hiring and training for the staff.
Additionally, this Staffing Manager will lead some HR Generalist functions including, but not limited to: employee relations, constructive counseling, performance evaluations, and payroll.
Consideration can be given to a flexible work arrangement – on-site and/or telecommute work. Security Background Check will be required to work in this Client location.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partners with hiring manager to determine staffing needs.
- Manages current candidate activity in Sodexo’s Applicant Tracking System (BALANCEtrak)
- Screens resumes, interview candidates (by phone or in person), administer appropriate assessments, reference/background checking, make recommendations for hire (or not hire) and deliver employment offers
- Serves as an expert for recruiting candidates within the hospitality industry
- Uses traditional and non-traditional resources to identify and attract quality candidates such as career fairs, on-line job fairs, community network events, etc.
- Develops advertising programs (internal and external) in order to ensure high visibility with potential candidates.
- May manage internal transfer process including screening, coordination of interview with hiring manager, transfer offer letter, etc.
- Follows up with candidates and hiring managers to ensure updated information on the interview process status.
- Develops and maintain an excellent relationship with internal and external clients to ensure achievement of staffing goals.
- Communicates important employment information during delivery of employment offers (i.e. benefits, compensation, non-competition agreements, contracts etc.).
- Conducts monthly orientation for new employees.
- Manages application/resume file and retention according to company policy.
- Maintains memberships and affiliations with trade/professional organizations related to industry.
- Prior 5 years of experience recruiting in high-volume staffing environment with a focus on high level customer service is preferred.
- Previous experience with HR systems: ADP; BALANCEtrack; Employee Data Warehouse systems
- Microsoft Office; Outlook – email and calendar
- Social Media
Only the highest caliber individuals qualify for these selected positions. At a minimum, applicants must meet the following qualifications: Applicant must be a U.S. citizen, unquestionable loyalty to the United States and sound moral character as established by a comprehensive Federal Special Background Investigation (to include a polygraph). Issues that could disqualify an applicant from consideration include, but are not limited to, whether the applicant has engaged in serious criminal activity, recent illegal drug-use, a history of adverse employment actions to include absenteeism and termination, or significant credit problems such as recent bankruptcies.
In addition to offering a great opportunity, this position also provides a competitive salary, great benefits…and so much more!!
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years of HR experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.